High yields of quality grain for brewing and distilling
- High yields with exceptional performance in the North
- Non-GN variety offering excellent opportunities in distilling markets
- Undergoing IBD macro malt tests for distilling
- Excellent hot water extract and low grain nitrogen
- Lowest screenings of any malt distilling variety
KWS Sassy is a non GN producing, spring malting barley, which has strong potential to serve the UK distilling market. With high yields in the North, it is set to become a favourite for the Northern farmer. Like its parent, Concerto, KWS Sassy will respond well to a full PGR programme. KWS Sassy is currently undergoing tests for IBD approval for distilling, with results expected in May 2017.
- KWS Sassy Data sheet 2017 [pdf | 0.72 MB] pdf Download